The Adventures of Cindy Li
Are you ready to freelance?
June 20 , 2009
Once upon a time
I appeared on the “50 Best Female Web Designers around the world” list. It’s an honor to be recognized on this list but as a freelancer you still have to work really hard to get the word out that you’re available. It’s great publicity but it doesn’t guarantee you to bring home the bacon (who doesn’t love bacon?).
I am freelancing and am available for work (feel free to contact me). I hope this article will help other freelancers and I’ve intereviewed some other freelancers for their tips. I’ve had over 10 years of experience in large companies, startups and even designing brands for other professionals. As I get back into freelancing again I’d like to share what I’ve learned and I’ve also collected some tips from other freelancers.
- Duoh!: Veerle
- Matt Harris
- Adactio: Jeremy Keith
- Kevin Lawver:Developer/Web evangelist/all around smart guy
- Molly.com: Molly Holzschlag
- Marianne Masculino
- sixtwothree: Jason Garber Refresh DC, Fearless leader
- Collective Idea:web apps company
- Lauren Isaacson:Account Planning superhero
- Dan Webb:Ruby Rails guy just too cool
- Dave Shea: CSS Zen Garden, photographer, designer
- Eric Meyer:does he need an introduction?
- Thomas Vander Wal: social computing guy
- Alun Rowe
- Christopher Schmitt
- Html Dog: Guide to CSS/HTML