The Adventures of Cindy Li
7 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me
January 29 , 2009
Once upon a time
an internet meme started making its loops around and eventually I got named once by Tara Brown and once by Cheryl Lead-Gledhill. You share 7 things people probably don’t know about you and then you tag 7 more people to do the same and around it goes again. So here we go…
My 7 things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me
- I have never played Guitar Hero and I don’t want to. I don’t like the music. Now if someone had a Saxophone version maybe I would. :P
- I’ve never seen a shooting star. I’ve tried a few times and failed.
- I like owning power tools and knowing how to change a tire, or a car battery. I get really frustrated when I hear of women playing that.. “oh I’m a girl” card. If you own a car you should be able to change a tire without AAA.
- Mr Roger’s Neighborhood was my favorite show when I moved to the USA. I watched him til I was about 12 or 14. I related to him, he took off his shoes when he came in the house like we did in ours. He was a good example for kids and made me feel safe.
- The kids on the playground bullied me because I was Asian and asked if I was related to Bruce Lee (since my last name was Li, they didn’t realize it was spelled differently). My answer was, “Yes.” Yeah I lied but it Karate Kid was also in fashion at the time so all I had to do to get them to leave me alone was the crane pose.
- My pet turtle..I let my cousin borrow it for a science project on mazes. When I got him back I put him in the front yard and went in to watch tv. When I came back outside he was gone. One month later my dad came in looking sad. He said he found my turtle… after the lawn mower found him first.
- I used to buy clothes from Target size 14 kids section until I was 30. I liked the pants because I didn’t have to hem them.