The Adventures of Cindy Li
Designing Your Future: Networking without the Ick
May 19 , 2009
Once upon a time…
Leslie Jensen-Inman and I were having a discussion about my visit to Chattanooga. I told her how I had spoken at my own college, UF in Gainesville, FL in past visits to advise graduating seniors on how to go about finding opportunities. Basically things that your design class doesn’t teach you. Everyone right now is trying to find a way to keep their job, look for a job or find new ways to make their situation better. Leslie suggested that I give two presentations during my visit.
We came up with two sub-topics: “Creating Your Future: Networking without the Ick” and “Creating Your Future: Creating Opportunity.” All this started out as a talk about design but its hard to separate form and function when you are discussing our passions intermingling. The first presentation was given at GreenSpaces. The second one was at CreateHere.
I’ve posted both of the slides up on slideshare but for now I’m going to write about the first presentation, “Networking without the Ick”
- Duoh!: Veerle
- Matt Harris
- Adactio: Jeremy Keith
- Kevin Lawver:Developer/Web evangelist/all around smart guy
- sixtwothree: Jason Garber Refresh DC, Fearless leader
- Collective Idea:web apps company
- Dan Webb:Ruby Rails guy just too cool
- Dave Shea: CSS Zen Garden, photographer, designer
- Eric Meyer:does he need an introduction?
- Thomas Vander Wal: social computing guy
- Alun Rowe
- Christopher Schmitt
- Html Dog: Guide to CSS/HTML