The Adventures of Cindy Li
Getting the most mileage on your air fare
May 17 , 2009
Once upon a time…
my friend Elliot asked via twitter, “Thinking about joining an AirMiles scheme but I honestly don’t know where to start. Anyone in the know got a recommendation?” Now because I flew a lot last year and my mom taught me not to waste money I have been keeping an eye out for deals. I have been a member of many mileage programs through the years. I see it as the same as storing things into a piggy bank.
Most of my friends have been trying to figure out new ways to maximize their benefits without spending more money. This is a good way if you are being sent to conferences or business trips on your dime or somene else’s. Your miles can get you free trips, car rentals and hotels sometimes (it all adds up).
The ones I’ve listed tend to have more benefits if your on the US side of the pond. Sorry! I had nothing to do with it. :) I’ve also flown United’s more often than anything so that’s also why there is a lot more info on United.
- Duoh!: Veerle
- Matt Harris
- Adactio: Jeremy Keith
- Kevin Lawver:Developer/Web evangelist/all around smart guy
- Molly.com: Molly Holzschlag
- Marianne Masculino
- sixtwothree: Jason Garber Refresh DC, Fearless leader
- Collective Idea:web apps company
- Lauren Isaacson:Account Planning superhero
- Dan Webb:Ruby Rails guy just too cool
- Dave Shea: CSS Zen Garden, photographer, designer
- Eric Meyer:does he need an introduction?
- Thomas Vander Wal: social computing guy
- Alun Rowe
- Christopher Schmitt
- Html Dog: Guide to CSS/HTML