The Adventures of Cindy Li
Ma.gnolia.com vs Magnolia CMS
September 29 , 2009
Once upon a time
Big time lawyers are sending letters. Disappointing yes. Both are community based products. Ma.gnolia has the twitter handle @magnolia. Magnolia CMS has @magnolia_cms. Is it over this? Who knows? Is it because they’ve expanded their product to the USA?
Magnolia CMS is an open source product. We all need one another and I find it disappointing that they are sending big time lawyers to shut down Larry Halff’s project. Has it come down to this? :(
In my attempt to help I’ve written a comment to the Magnolia CMS website.
Want to help? Write them
If you want to help here’s contact Magnolia CMS website and fill out the form.
Here’s my letter to Magnolia’s CMS website:
I think it is disappointing that a company that is “open source” and depends on a community for support sending a cease and desist order to ma.gnolia.com a social bookmarking website that is for the community.
There are other start ups that co-exist without harming one another’s business.
Please rethink your stand on this.
- Duoh!: Veerle
- Matt Harris
- Adactio: Jeremy Keith
- Kevin Lawver:Developer/Web evangelist/all around smart guy
- sixtwothree: Jason Garber Refresh DC, Fearless leader
- Collective Idea:web apps company
- Dan Webb:Ruby Rails guy just too cool
- Dave Shea: CSS Zen Garden, photographer, designer
- Eric Meyer:does he need an introduction?
- Thomas Vander Wal: social computing guy
- Alun Rowe
- Christopher Schmitt
- Html Dog: Guide to CSS/HTML